Performance Management involves comparing historical performance against the Benson model settings, or against predefined target metrics.This aims to identify conformity, service improvement, risk or to adjust Benson settings.
This may include the following:
- Tracking performance in key areas
- Monitoring pre-agreed targets as part of a new contract
- Comparing performance with Benson benchmark levels
- Identifying variances and opportunities / areas of potential improvement
- Reviewing data from E-Scheduling system and comparing with Benson targets
- Reviewing performance at the team or staff level to identify variances and levels of adherence to pre-defined criteria
Commissioners may which to use Benson to establish template for future service performance which can then be used on a quarterly, bi-annual or annual basis to compare with actual performance obtained from the provider’s PAS.